Skip to main content

dynamic - Assign values to parameters from a list/Matrix using GUI


Assume there is a list like:



ma={{L1,r1},{L2,r2}};

I want to convert the ma to a GUI which asks me about the values of L1,r1,L2 and r2 and then allows me to assign values to L1,r1,L2 and r2 as follows:


L1=2    r1=0.5
L2=4 r2=0.1

Then new matrix ma will be:


ma={{2,0.5},{4,0.1}}

I have no idea how to do that in Mathematica software! Could you please help me with it ?!





** EDITED **




This is my code for the problem:


AskUser =
DialogInput[{L1 = "", r1 = "", L2 = "", r2 = ""},
Column[{"L1", InputField[Dynamic[L1], Number], "r1",
InputField[Dynamic[r1], Number], "L2",
InputField[Dynamic[L2], Number], "r2",
InputField[Dynamic[r2], Number],

Button["Proceed", DialogReturn[{{L1, r1}, {L2, r2}}],
ImageSize -> Automatic]}]];

Suggested code works properly. However, the ma matrix is not a fixed array matrix. For example it can be like:


`ma={{L1,r1},{L2,r2},{L3,r3}};`

In other words, the ma matrix is a variable matrix whose general form is like :


`ma={{L1,r1},{L2,r2},{L3,r3},...,{Ln,rn}};`

(Thanks SquareOne for the help) **EDITED**



Now my question is how I can program a UI which can adapt itself with the ma changes in arrays and can accept both Numbers and Symbols for the input fields and having label names beside the input fields?



Answer



Implementation 1


This should produce the desired GUI.


askUser[matrix_] := DialogInput[
Column[{
Grid[{ToString@#1, InputField[Dynamic[#1], FieldSize -> Tiny],
ToString@#2, InputField[Dynamic[#2], FieldSize -> Tiny]} & @@@
matrix, Alignment -> Left],
Row[{CancelButton[], DefaultButton[DialogReturn[matrix]]}]

}]]

ma = {{L1, r1}, {L2, r2}};
askUser[ma]

enter image description here


ma


{{1, r1}, {L2, 2}}




ma = {{L11, r11}, {L22, r22}, {L33, r33}};
askUser[ma]

enter image description here



{{1, r11}, {L22, 0}, {1, r33}}



It is important to note, that with this implementation the values put into the GUI are assigned to the corresponding parameters of the matrix.





Implementation 2


The GUI of this implementation looks the same as the first one, however no values will be Set to the symbols used in the input matrix.


askUser2[matrix_] := 
DialogInput[
DynamicModule[{localMatrix = ConstantArray[0, Dimensions@matrix]},
Column[{
Grid[
Array[Sequence @@ {ToString@matrix[[#, #2]],
InputField[Dynamic@localMatrix[[#, #2]],
FieldSize -> Tiny]} &, Dimensions@matrix],

Alignment -> Left],
Row[{CancelButton[], DefaultButton[DialogReturn[localMatrix]]}]
}]]]

Additionally the possible shapes of the input matrix is less restricted.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...

equation solving - Invert and fit implicitly defined curve

I need to fit an implicitly defined curve. I thought I could get some data out of Solve , and then using FindFit . Therefore, I would like to find the relation the parametric curve defined by $F(x,y)=0$: Solve[-(1/2) + 1/2 (0.41202 BesselK[0, 0.1 Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]] + (0.101483 x BesselK[1, 0.1 Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]])/Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]) == 0, y] But I can't get an output: Solve was unable to solve the system with inexact coefficients or the system obtained by direct rationalization of inexact numbers present in the system. Since many of the methods used by Solve require exact input, providing Solve with an exact version of the system may help. >> Edit: In particular, I would like to fit the data coming from the curve with the expression of another curve, and not with a function $f(x)$. In particular, since this clearly looks like a cardioid , I would like it to fit to something like it. What other strategies could I try?