Skip to main content

plotting - List Contour Plot: Delete some contour lines, but keep the colors


I'm trying to make a ContourPlot of a set of data of the kind: $(x,y,f(x,y))$


What I'd like to do is to remove the majority of the iso-line and just leave two of them, but keeping the changing of the color.


In other words I'd like to obtain something like a ListDensityPlot of my data set, but with two iso-curves marking the points $(x,y)$ having either value $0$ or $-0.0005$.


Any idea on how to do this? like for example overlapping two different graphs on each other or extracting the iso-curve interpolant from the contour plot and plug it into the density plot? these are just some ideas...



Answer




data = Table[Sin[i + j^2], {i, 0, 3, 0.05}, {j, 0, 3, 0.05}];

ListContourPlot[data, ColorFunction -> "Rainbow",
Contours -> {{0, {Thick, Black}}, {-.5, {Thick, Dashed, Black}},
Sequence @@ ({#, None} & /@ Range[Min@data, Max@data, .0025])}]

enter image description here


You can also use the desired contours as Epilog with ListDensityPlot:


lcp = ListContourPlot[data, ContourShading -> None,
Contours -> {{0, {Thick, Black}}, {-.5, {Thick, Dashed, Black}}}];

ListDensityPlot[data, ColorFunction -> "Rainbow", Epilog -> lcp[[1]]]

enter image description here


Or, to use default contour styles, use Contours -> {0, -.5} in lcp to get


ListDensityPlot[data, ColorFunction -> "Rainbow", Epilog -> lcp[[1]]]

enter image description here


Update: You can also use Mesh and MeshFunctions with ListDensityPlot:


ListDensityPlot[data, ColorFunction -> "Rainbow", MeshFunctions -> {#3 &},  Mesh -> {{0., -.5}}]


enter image description here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...