Skip to main content

calculus and analysis - I can't collect the logs in the given expression (continuation)



This is another question about the problem of collecting of the logariths.


Suppose the function


F[s2_, Ss_, t1_, m_, m2_] := 
Evaluate[-6 ((s2^6 + (Ss - 7 t1) s2^5 + (-4 Ss^2 + 13 t1 Ss +
16 t1^2) s2^4 +
2 (Ss^3 - 13 t1 Ss^2 - 10 t1^2 Ss - 8 t1^3) s2^3 +
t1 (18 Ss^3 + 6 t1 Ss^2 - 4 t1^2 Ss + 7 t1^3) s2^2 +
t1^2 (18 Ss^3 + 22 t1 Ss^2 + 11 t1^2 Ss - t1^3) s2 +
Ss t1^3 (2 Ss^2 + 2 t1 Ss - t1^2)) m^6 -
Ss (s2 - t1) ((11 t1 - 2 Ss) s2^4 +

2 (Ss^2 - 16 t1 Ss - 7 t1^2) s2^3 +
6 (4 Ss^2 t1 - t1^3) s2^2 +
2 t1^2 (15 Ss^2 + 16 t1 Ss + 5 t1^2) s2 +
t1^3 (4 Ss^2 + 2 t1 Ss - t1^2)) m^4 +
Ss^2 (s2 - t1)^2 (s2^4 - (Ss + 9 t1) s2^3 +
3 (3 Ss - t1) t1 s2^2 + t1^2 (15 Ss + 11 t1) s2 +
Ss t1^3) m^2 +
Ss^3 (s2 - t1)^3 t1 (s2^2 - 4 t1 s2 + t1^2)) Log[((-m^2 + m2^2 +
s2 - Sqrt[m^4 - 2 (m2^2 + s2) m^2 + (m2^2 - s2)^2]) (s2 -
t1))/(2 s2)] s2^3 +

6 ((s2^6 + (Ss - 7 t1) s2^5 + (-4 Ss^2 + 13 t1 Ss +
16 t1^2) s2^4 +
2 (Ss^3 - 13 t1 Ss^2 - 10 t1^2 Ss - 8 t1^3) s2^3 +
t1 (18 Ss^3 + 6 t1 Ss^2 - 4 t1^2 Ss + 7 t1^3) s2^2 +
t1^2 (18 Ss^3 + 22 t1 Ss^2 + 11 t1^2 Ss - t1^3) s2 +
Ss t1^3 (2 Ss^2 + 2 t1 Ss - t1^2)) m^6 -
Ss (s2 - t1) ((11 t1 - 2 Ss) s2^4 +
2 (Ss^2 - 16 t1 Ss - 7 t1^2) s2^3 +
6 (4 Ss^2 t1 - t1^3) s2^2 +
2 t1^2 (15 Ss^2 + 16 t1 Ss + 5 t1^2) s2 +

t1^3 (4 Ss^2 + 2 t1 Ss - t1^2)) m^4 +
Ss^2 (s2 - t1)^2 (s2^4 - (Ss + 9 t1) s2^3 +
3 (3 Ss - t1) t1 s2^2 + t1^2 (15 Ss + 11 t1) s2 +
Ss t1^3) m^2 +
Ss^3 (s2 - t1)^3 t1 (s2^2 - 4 t1 s2 + t1^2)) Log[((-m^2 + m2^2 +
s2 + Sqrt[m^4 - 2 (m2^2 + s2) m^2 + (m2^2 - s2)^2]) (s2 -
t1))/(2 s2)] s2^3]

I need to collect the logarithms with the same prefactors to the form Log[.../...]. If I call already statically defined function F inside the construction


Simplify[F[s2_, Ss_, t1_, m_, m2_]]/. -Log[x_] + Log[y_] -> Log[y/x]


the logarithms become to be collected. But if the function F is defined dynamically (in my case - because of an integration, see the precise example below), the construction doesn't work. I.e., for


F[] := Evaluate[Simplify[Integrate[]]/. -Log[x_] + Log[y_] -> Log[y/x]]
F[]

it doesn't work.


Only the construction FullSimplify works, but it requires so many time that I doesn't have the wish to wait. The Simplify construction, on the contrary, works very fast.


So, does anyone know some alternative ways to force Mathematica to collect the logarithms, especially working for dynamically defined functions?


I'm using Mathematica 11.


Precise example when Simplify doesn't work, but FullSimplify does



Just to illustrate the problem completely, I add the integral:


    f[Ss_,s2_,t1_,t2_,m_,m2_] =1/(32 \[Pi]^3 Ss^3 (s2-t1) (m^2-s2+t1-t2)) (-(((s2^2 t2-s2 t2 (Ss+t1)+Ss t1 (t1-s2)-Ss t1 t2) (s2^2-6 s2 (Ss-t1+t2)+Ss^2+2 Ss (t2-t1)-(t1-t2)^2))/(s2-t1)^2)+(s2-Ss) (s2^2+2 s2 (Ss-2 t1+2 t2)+Ss^2+(t1-t2)^2)-(2 (2 s2-2 Ss+t1-t2) (-2 Ss t1 t2 (s2-t1) (2 s2^2-2 s2 (Ss+t1)-Ss t1)+t2^2 (s2^4-2 s2^3 (Ss+t1)+s2^2 (Ss-t1)^2+4 s2 Ss t1 (Ss+t1)+Ss^2 t1^2)+Ss^2 t1^2 (s2-t1)^2))/(s2-t1)^4-(2 (s2^2 t2-s2 t2 (Ss+t1)+Ss t1 (t1-s2)-Ss t1 t2) (2 Ss t1 t2 (s2-t1) (-4 s2^2+4 s2 (Ss+t1)+Ss t1)+t2^2 (s2^4-2 s2^3 (Ss+t1)+s2^2 (Ss^2-6 Ss t1+t1^2)+8 s2 Ss t1 (Ss+t1)+Ss^2 t1^2)+Ss^2 t1^2 (s2-t1)^2))/(s2-t1)^6)
F[Ss_,s2_,t1_,m_,m2_]=Assuming[s2> (m+m2)^2 && s2-t1 > 0 && m > 0 && m2 > 0,Simplify[Integrate[f[Ss,s2,t1,t2,m,m2],{t2,t2lower,t2upper}]
]]/.-Log[x_]+Log[y_]:> Log[y/x]

Here, the code defining the limits of integration is


lambda[a_, b_, c_] := a^2 + b^2 + c^2 - 2*(a*b + a*c + b*c)
t2lower =
Simplify[m^2 - 1/(2*s2)*(s2 - t1)*(s2 + m^2 - m2^2) -
1/(2*s2)*(s2 - t1)*Sqrt[lambda[s2, m^2, m2^2]]]

t2upper =
Simplify[m^2 - 1/(2*s2)*(s2 - t1)*(s2 + m^2 - m2^2) +
1/(2*s2)*(s2 - t1)*Sqrt[lambda[s2, m^2, m2^2]]]

For this construction, the logs collecting including Simplify doesn't work. Changing it to FullSimplify works, but it takes a plenty of time. I want to avoid this.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...