Skip to main content

output formatting - Is it possible to show Tooltips in a ListPicker menu?



Is it possible to show Tooltips in a ListPicker menu?


This effect is possible using TabView, but I would much prefer using ListPicker.


Below is a simplified version of my code.


ItemList =
{"Apples",
"Oranges",
"Bananas",
"Watermelon"};
ReviewsList =
{"10 Reviews",

"7 Reviews",
"16 Reviews",
"12 Reviews"};
TooltipList =
{"5 Positive, 3 Neutral, 2 Negative",
"4 Positive, 1 Neutral, 2 Negative",
"10 Positive, 2 Neutral, 4 Negative",
"6 Positive, 3 Neutral, 3 Negative"};
CombinedList = Table[Column[
{Style[ItemList[[i]], FontColor -> Purple,

FontFamily -> "Verdana", FontSize -> 12, FontWeight -> Bold],
Tooltip[
Style[ReviewsList[[i]], FontFamily -> "Verdana",
FontSize -> 12], TooltipList[[i]]]}
], {i, 1, 4}];

(* Column *)
Column[CombinedList]

(* TabView *)

TabView[Table[CombinedList[[i]] -> 1, {i, 1, 4}], Dynamic[x],
ControlPlacement -> Left]

(* ListPicker *)
ListPicker[Dynamic[x], CombinedList]

Answer



EDIT


As rasher observes my answer does not answer your direct question. Tooltip wrapper does not appear to work for ListPicker items. I posted this answer in the event it achieves your aim or motivates your own answer. I am not certain what your ultimate aim is.


I have modified your code (esp. avoid uppercase variable names to avoid conflicts with in-bulit functions):


itemList = {"Apples", "Oranges", "Bananas", "Watermelon"};

reviewsList = {"10 Reviews", "7 Reviews", "16 Reviews", "12 Reviews"};
tooltipList = {"5 Positive, 3 Neutral, 2 Negative",
"4 Positive, 1 Neutral, 2 Negative",
"10 Positive, 2 Neutral, 4 Negative",
"6 Positive, 3 Neutral, 3 Negative"};
combinedList =
Table[Tooltip[reviewsList[[i]], tooltipList[[i]],
BaseStyle -> {FontFamily -> "Verdana", FontSize -> 12},
TooltipStyle -> Directive[24, Background -> LightRed]] ->
itemList[[i]], {i, 1, 4}]


Then using list picker:


Row[{ListPicker[Dynamic[x], combinedList, 
BaseStyle -> {FontColor -> Purple, FontFamily -> "Verdana",
FontSize -> 12, FontWeight -> Bold}], " ", Dynamic@First@x},
Frame -> True]

yields:


enter image description here


Other answers may address the tooltips in dynamic interactive itemized lists.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...