Skip to main content

image processing - How to generate a Graph from a picture of a graph?


I have a picture like this


enter image description here


I can get this graph's vertexes


mor = MorphologicalBinarize[img // ColorNegate] // 
DeleteSmallComponents // ColorNegate // MorphologicalComponents;
selectmor =
SelectComponents[
mor, {"AreaRadiusCoverage", "Count"}, # > 0.78 && #2 < 1000 &] //

Image;
mask = Graphics@
Point@ComponentMeasurements[selectmor, "Centroid"][[All, 2]]

enter image description here


Or get its edges


fillimg = 
FillingTransform[
MorphologicalBinarize[img // ColorNegate] //
DeleteSmallComponents // Thinning // Pruning,

selectmor // Binarize] // Thinning // Pruning;
lines = ImageLines[fillimg, MaxFeatures -> 200,
Method -> {"Hough", "Segmented" -> True}];
Graphics[{Thick, Red, Line /@ lines}]

enter image description here


This my current work. May be you can realize it by more smart method. My target is not a Image but a Graph. So how to rebuild the Graph by this vertex and this edge?




Update: After the M.R.'s comments (Thanks for your comment), we can use the MorphologicalGraph to get the embryo of graph.


fillimg // MorphologicalGraph[#, VertexLabels -> "Name"] &


enter image description here


But it have a low precision. So How to refine it?



Answer



i       = Binarize@Import["http://i.stack.imgur.com/qofeF.png"];
vertexI = SelectComponents[i, "Count", 10 < # < 100 &];
vxPos = ComponentMeasurements[vertexI, "Centroid"];
lines = Subsets[Range@Length@vxPos, {2}];
linePos = lines /. vxPos;
ti@x_ := Total@Flatten@ImageData@Binarize@x


p = Position[ti@i - ti@Show[i, Graphics@Line@#] & /@ linePos, x_ /; x < 100];

Graphics[{Red, Line[Extract[linePos, p]]}]

Mathematica graphics


Graph[Range@Length@vxPos, UndirectedEdge @@@ Extract[lines, p], 
VertexLabels -> "Name", ImagePadding -> 20,
VertexCoordinates -> vxPos]


Mathematica graphics


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...