Skip to main content

plotting - How to make a plot on top of other plot?


I want to plot two functions. One should appear on top of the other. The x axis has the same values for both functions, but should appear twice (the second- upper I want to be dashed). y axis should change to dashed type (when it reaches a little more than the highest value for the first function), start from zero again and have a different frame label. Here is just a simple example how can I present the graphs:


Needs["PlotLegends`"]
Plot[{Sin[x], Cos[x]}, {x, 0, 2 \[Pi]},
PlotStyle -> {Red, {Black, Dashed, Thick}},

BaseStyle -> {FontFamily -> "Times", FontSize -> 16},
Frame -> {True, True, False, True},
FrameLabel -> {"x", "y", "", "y1"},
FrameStyle -> {Directive[18], Directive[18], Directive[18], Directive[18, Dashed, Thick]},
PlotLegend -> {Style["Sin(x)", 14], Style["Cos(x)", 14]},
LegendPosition -> {1.05, 0.1}, LegendSize -> {0.4, 0.3},
LegendShadow -> 0.005, LegendTextSpace -> 4, ImageSize -> 550]

But I don't want the functions to be together. Let's say cos(x) in example should be above sin(x) and y1 should start above the end of y (at value y= 1.2). I also want to have another (dashed) x axis, which is at value y=1.2 (y1=0).


enter image description here



EDIT: Thank you for all answers. I tried all of them and come to my final code:


AA = Plot[barvilo, {\[Lambda], 337, 717}, PlotRange -> {0, 1.8}, 
PlotStyle -> {Black, Dashed, Thick},
BaseStyle -> {FontFamily -> "Times", FontSize -> 16},
Frame -> {True, True, False, False}, ImageSize -> 1200,
FrameLabel -> {"", "Absorbanca [p.e.]"},
FrameStyle -> {Directive[18, Dashed], Directive[18, Dashed]},
PlotLegend -> Style["\[Alpha](N719)", 14],
LegendPosition -> {1.1, -0.15}, LegendSize -> {0.3, 0.2},
LegendShadow -> 0.005, LegendTextSpace -> 2,

ImagePadding -> {{60, 30}, {50, 30}}];
BB = Plot[{a, b, c, d}, {\[Lambda], 337, 717}, PlotRange -> {0, 1.9},
PlotStyle -> {Red, Orange, Black, Purple},
BaseStyle -> {FontFamily -> "Times", FontSize -> 16},
Frame -> {True, True, False, False},
FrameLabel -> {"Valovna dolžina [nm]",
"Spektralna gostota sevanja [W/\!\(\*SuperscriptBox[\(m\), \
\(2\)]\)nm]"}, FrameStyle -> {Directive[18], Directive[18]},
Filling -> {1 -> {{4}, {Lighter[Yellow], Opacity[0.02]}},
4 -> {Axis, {Lighter[Yellow], Opacity[0.06]}}},

ImagePadding -> {{60, 30}, {50, 30}},
PlotLegend -> {Style["AM1,5G", 14], Style["AM1,5G + TrPt", 14],
Style["AM1,5G + TrEl", 14], Style["AM1,5G + TrPtEl", 14]},
LegendPosition -> {1, 0.1}, LegendSize -> {0.4, 0.3},
LegendShadow -> 0.005, LegendTextSpace -> 4, ImageSize -> 1200];
izracun =
Graphics[Text[
StyleForm["269,37 W/\!\(\*SuperscriptBox[\(m\), \(2\)]\)",
FontSize -> 16], {550, -900}, {-1, -1}]];
izracun1 =

Graphics[Text[
StyleForm["490,22 W/\!\(\*SuperscriptBox[\(m\), \(2\)]\)",
FontSize -> 16], {160, -970}, {-1, -1}]];
Show[GraphicsColumn[{AA, BB},
Spacings -> {0, -380}], izracun, izracun1]

I am satisfied with it but I need to save it. Why is it not possible to save it, when I select it (Save selection as)? I can save like this just separate graphs (AA and/or BB). When I tried the code in the link bellow, the result is in the right form to save with Save graphic as. But this code is to complicated for me. https://mathematica.stackexchange.com/a/6882/6357


I can use print screen option .. Is there a better way to save it?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...