Skip to main content

output formatting - How to build a function object like the built-ins such as Interpolation?


There are many built-in functions that return a function object, such as Interpolation[], BSplineFunction[] ,LinearSolveFunction[] and so on.


enter image description here




Now given that I want to build a function called CAGDBSplineFunction[] like the built-in BSplineFunction[] with the help of Cox-DeBoor algorithm.


First trial, please see here


To achieve the dynamic effect and check the validity of the option like the built-in BSplineFunction


enter image description here


I refactored it as below:



CAGDBSplineFunction::invknots = 
"Value of option SplineKnots \[Rule] `1` should be a non-decreasing \
real sequence of length `2`, or a symbol Automatic.";

Options[CAGDBSplineFunction] =
{SplineDegree -> Automatic, SplineKnots -> Automatic};

CAGDBSplineFunction /:
MakeBoxes[CAGDBSplineFunction[pts_, opts : OptionsPattern[]], _] :=
Module[{n, sk, sd, range},

n = Length@pts - 1;
sk = OptionValue[SplineKnots];
sd = OptionValue[SplineDegree];
(*check the validity of the option SplineKnots*)
If[sk =!= Automatic,
If[n + 1 + sd != Length[sk] - 1,
Message[CAGDBSplineFunction::invknots, sk, n + 2 + sd];
Return[$Failed]];
range = Through[{First, Last}@sk],
range = {0, 1}

]
]
InterpretationBox[
RowBox[{"CAGDBSplineFunction", "[", "{", #1, ",", #2, "}", ",",
"\"<>\"", "]"}], CAGDBSplineFunction[pts, opts]] & @@ range
]

TEST


pts = {{0, 0}, {1, 1}, {2, -1}, {3, 0}, {4, -2}, {5, 1}};
f = CAGDBSplineFunction[pts]


enter image description here


However, it seems that the option value cannot be achieved in a MakeBoxes construct.


J.M. gives me the following suggestion:



Don't try to do both display and processing at once. Set a definition for evaluating CAGDBSplineFunction[], and then set a definition for displaying, via MakeBoxes



According to the J.M.'s hint, I add the defintion to CAGDBSplineFunction[]


CAGDBSplineFunction /: 
MakeBoxes[CAGDBSplineFunction[pts_, opts : OptionsPattern[]], _] :=

InterpretationBox[
RowBox[{"CAGDBSplineFunction", "[", "{", #1, ",", #2, "}", ",",
"\"<>\"", "]"}], CAGDBSplineFunction[pts, opts]] & @@
CAGDBSplineFunction[pts, opts]

CAGDBSplineFunction[pts_, opts : OptionsPattern[]] :=
Module[
{n, sk, sd, range},
n = Length@pts - 1;
sk = OptionValue[SplineKnots];

sd = OptionValue[SplineDegree] /. Automatic -> 3;
(*check the validity of the option SplineKnots*)
If[sk =!= Automatic,
If[n + 1 + sd != Length[sk] - 1,
Message[CAGDBSplineFunction::invknots, sk, n + 2 + sd];
Return[$Failed]];
range = Through[{First, Last}@sk],
range = {0, 1}
]
]


enter image description here




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...

equation solving - Invert and fit implicitly defined curve

I need to fit an implicitly defined curve. I thought I could get some data out of Solve , and then using FindFit . Therefore, I would like to find the relation the parametric curve defined by $F(x,y)=0$: Solve[-(1/2) + 1/2 (0.41202 BesselK[0, 0.1 Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]] + (0.101483 x BesselK[1, 0.1 Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]])/Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]) == 0, y] But I can't get an output: Solve was unable to solve the system with inexact coefficients or the system obtained by direct rationalization of inexact numbers present in the system. Since many of the methods used by Solve require exact input, providing Solve with an exact version of the system may help. >> Edit: In particular, I would like to fit the data coming from the curve with the expression of another curve, and not with a function $f(x)$. In particular, since this clearly looks like a cardioid , I would like it to fit to something like it. What other strategies could I try?