Skip to main content

plotting - Longer ticks without specifying the ticks itself


I know similar questions have been asked here before, but i can't figure out this specific problem.


I have a lot of plots that i'd like to bring to a publishable form, but in my current customization the ticks are barley visible, therefore i'd like to make them a little bit longer, without having to specify the tick positions itself.



An example would a be a plot like this


ListPlot[Abs@Sin[N[#]] & /@ Range[350],
Frame -> True,
Joined -> True,
PlotRange -> {{35, 300}, {0, 1.05}},
FrameLabel ->
Evaluate[Style[#, 30] & /@ {"T [MeV]", "\[Sigma]/\!\(\*SubscriptBox[\(\[Sigma]\), \(0\)]\)"}],
FrameStyle -> Thick,
LabelStyle -> Directive[25, Thick],
ImageSize -> {720*GoldenRatio, 720}

]

I know i can customize the ticks by adding the following option


FrameTicks -> {
{
{#, If[Chop[Mod[#, 0.25]] == 0, Chop@#, ""], {If[Chop[Mod[#, 0.25]] == 0, 0.015, 0.008], 0}}&/@Range[0, 1.05, 0.05]
,
{#, "", {If[Chop[Mod[#, 0.25]] == 0, 0.015, 0.008], 0}}&/@Range[0,1.05,0.05]
}, {
{#, If[Chop[Mod[#, 50]] == 0, Floor@#,""], {If[Chop[Mod[#, 50]] == 0, 0.015,0.008], 0}}&/@Range[0, 350, 10]

,
{#, "", {If[Chop[Mod[#, 50]] == 0, 0.015, 0.008], 0}}&/@Range[0, 350, 10]
}}

which i adopted from some code i found here.


So basiclly what i'd like are slightly longer ticks on all sides, with numbers on the left and bottom.



Answer



As pointed out by Virgil in the comments, the CustomTicks package resolved the issue.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...