Skip to main content

calculus and analysis - Is it possible to give the closed-form of the stiffness matrix of triangular prism element?


Suppose the vertices of triangular prism are 1, 2, 3 (bottom triangle), 4, 5, 6 (top triangle), the coordinates of the vertices are $$ (x_i, y_i, z_i), i=1,2,3,4,5,6. $$


We can write the stiffness matrix of FEM of the triangular prism as follows:


$$ K_{i,j} = \int_0^1\int_0^{1-\xi}\int_{-1}^1 \begin{pmatrix}\frac{\eth N_i}{\eth\xi} & \frac{\eth N_i}{\eth\eta} & \frac{\eth N_i}{\eth\zeta}\end{pmatrix} (\textbf{J}^{-1})^T\textbf{J}^{-1}\begin{pmatrix}\frac{\eth N_j}{\eth\xi} \\ \frac{\eth N_j}{\eth\eta} \\ \frac{\eth N_j}{\eth\zeta}\end{pmatrix}det(\mathbf{J})d\xi d\eta d\zeta\,\\ i,j=1,2,...,6. $$



where


$$ \textbf{J}=\begin{pmatrix}\frac{\eth x}{\eth\xi} & \frac{\eth y}{\eth\xi} & \frac{\eth z}{\eth\xi} \\ \frac{\eth x}{\eth\eta} & \frac{\eth y}{\eth\eta} & \frac{\eth z}{\eth\eta} \\ \frac{\eth x}{\eth\zeta} & \frac{\eth y}{\eth\zeta} & \frac{\eth z}{\eth\zeta} \end{pmatrix} $$


and $$ \textbf{N}=\begin{pmatrix}N_1 & N_2 & N_3 & N_4 & N_5 & N_6\end{pmatrix}^T\\ \left\{\begin{array}{} N_1=\frac{1}{2}(1-\zeta)(1-\xi-\eta)\\ N_2=\frac{1}{2}\xi(1-\zeta)\\ N_3=\frac{1}{‌​2}\eta(1-\zeta)\\ N_4=\frac{1}{2}(1+\zeta)(1-\xi-‌​‌​\eta)\\ N_5=\frac{1}{2}\xi(1+\zeta)\\ N_6=\frac{1}{2}\eta(1+\zeta) \end{array} \right.\ \\ \left\{\begin{array}{} x=\mathbf{N^T}\mathbf{x_e}\\ y=\mathbf{N^T}\mathbf{y_e}\\ z=\mathbf{N^T}\mathbf{z_e}\\ \end{array} \right.\ \\ \left\{\begin{array}{} \mathbf{x_e}=\begin{pmatrix}x_1 & x_2 & x_3 & x_4 & x_5 & x_6\end{pmatrix}^T\\ \mathbf{y_e}=\begin{pmatrix}y_1 & y_2 & y_3 & y_4 & y_5 & y_6\end{pmatrix}^T\\ \mathbf{z_e}=\begin{pmatrix}z_1 & z_2 & z_3 & z_4 & z_5 & z_6\end{pmatrix}^T \end{array} \right.\ $$


Is it possible to give the closed-form of the integration by the powerful mathematica?


Thanks, Tang Laoya




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...