Skip to main content

dynamic - Using more than one set of Locators in a Manipulate


I need to add locators dynamically to different sets.


With one set this works OK:


Manipulate[
Graphics[{Point@pts}, PlotRange -> {{0, 1}, {0, 1}}],
Control[{{pts, {RandomReal[1, 2]}}, ControlType -> Locator}],
Row[{
Button["Add L1", pts = pts~Join~{RandomReal[1, 2]}]}],
Dynamic@pts]


But when I try to use more than one set, it doesn't:


Manipulate[ (*fails*)

Graphics[{Point@pts, Point@ptsNA}, PlotRange -> {{0, 1}, {0, 1}}],
Control[{{pts, {RandomReal[1, 2]}}, ControlType -> Locator}],
Control[{{ptsNA, {RandomReal[1, 2]}}, ControlType -> Locator}],

Row[{
Button["Add L1", pts = pts~Join~{RandomReal[1, 2]}],
Button["Add LNA", ptsNA = ptsNA~Join~{RandomReal[1, 2]}]}],

Dynamic@pts, Dynamic@ptsNA]

I could work out my way by adding all locators to the same set and manually assigning them to one "set" or another, but in my real application I have to add a different number of locators to each set at a time and also be able to delete them, so that complicates the code.


Edit


Thanks to Sjoerd's comment in another question, I found this limitation is covered in the documentation:



Due to internal limitations, it is not possible to combine individual Locator variables with a variable that is a list of multiple Locator variables: you can have only one multipoint Locator variable in a Manipulate. However, in exchange, it is possible to add the option LocatorAutoCreate->True to that one Locator multivariable specification, and thereby allow you to create and destroy Locator points interactively (changing the length of the list of points stored in the variable).



So, no hope using Manipulate[], accepting jVincent's answer.



Answer




I know this doesn't answer the question of the buggy behavior, but I would suggest an implementation without using Manipulate:


DynamicModule[{pt = {}, pt2 = {}},
Column[{

Graphics[{
Dynamic@MapIndexed[With[{i = #2[[1]]}, Locator[Dynamic[pt[[i]]], Appearance -> Small]] &, pt],
Dynamic@MapIndexed[With[{i = #2[[1]]}, Locator[Dynamic[pt2[[i]]], Appearance -> Large]] &, pt2]
}, PlotRange -> {{0, 1}, {0, 1}}],

Row[{

Button["Add L1", AppendTo[pt, RandomReal[1, 2]]],
Button["Add LNA", AppendTo[pt2, RandomReal[1, 2]]]
}]
}]
]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...