Skip to main content

computational geometry - Finding the perimeter, area and number of sides of a Voronoi cell



Does anyone have any suggestions how to determine the perimeter, area and number of sides of each Voronoi cell in Voronoi diagram?



Answer



Look at TileAreas in ComputationalGeometry:


Needs["ComputationalGeometry`"]
boundary = {{0, 0}, {10, 0}, {10, 10}, {0, 10}};
pts = RandomReal[{0, 10}, {100, 2}]
(Print[DiagramPlot[##]]; TileAreas[##]) & @@
Prepend[BoundedDiagram[boundary, pts], pts]
(* {{0.261033,5.7592},{6.21362,4.0213},{4.44609,9.30305},
{7.10641,0.810209},{2.57901,9.65954},{2.34204,1.84401},

{7.76384,0.109391},{2.23168,6.84915},{5.59156,7.56046},{9.12543,8.8625}} *)

(* {6.3428,19.1094,4.97912,9.55327,5.70216,
17.6009,4.37766,10.6483,10.719,10.9674} *)

Simple Voronoi diagram


EDIT: Wait, you wanted perimeters too.


Function[{vert, adj},
(Total[Norm /@ Subtract @@@ Partition[vert[[#[[2]]]], 2, 1, 1]]) & /@
adj] @@ BoundedDiagram[boundary, pts]

(* {12.8885,17.3528,9.88682,14.4774,10.2263,16.1023,
10.1097,13.5522,13.3678,14.3459} *)

SECOND EDIT: Number of sides


Length /@ BoundedDiagram[boundary, pts][[2, All, 2]]
(* {4, 6, 5, 5, 5, 6, 3, 6, 4, 5} *)

If you keep reusing the BoundedDiagram of many points, you should probably save it instead of recomputing each time like I'm doing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...