Skip to main content

export - How can I use "Save as (html)" and still render code as text?



I use notebook "Save as ... (html)" to convert my .nb to web. Formulas and plots get converted to images, which is fine. But code (input cells) get converted too into images. I would like people to be able to copy and paste my code, what can I do?


Not sure how to use (in a generic scenario) what is mentioned in here.


edit Got something very close working:


  Export[NotebookDirectory[] <> "/test.html", 
EvaluationNotebook[], "HTML",
"ConvertReverseClosed" -> True,
"ConversionRules" -> {"Input" -> {"", DisplayForm[#] &,
"
"}}]

if someone can improve on this it will be awesome.



second edit


This is the code I now have in a Palette. The context of the question is here. The code above is now in the proper place to export to HTML, including the CDFs, in (* 1 *).


PaletteNotebook[
Button[Style["Blog it", 12, FontFamily -> "Times"],
Module[{
nb = InputNotebook[],
fpath = NotebookDirectory[InputNotebook[]],
htmlName =
StringDrop[NotebookFileName[InputNotebook[]], -3] <> ".html",
generateCDF,

generateCDFs,
exportHTML
},
generateCDF[nb_, name_] := Module[{sel},
sel = SelectionMove[nb, Next, Cell];
Message[generateCDF::info, name];
Export[
FileNameJoin[{fpath, name}],
Notebook[{NotebookRead[nb]}],
"CDF"];

SelectionMove[nb, "Input", Next, CellStyle]
];
generateCDF::info = "Generating CDF `1`";
generateCDFs[nb_] := Module[{sel, curID},
SelectionMove[nb, Before, Notebook];
sel = NotebookFind[nb, "Input", Next, CellStyle];
While[ MatchQ[sel, _NotebookSelection],
curID = CurrentValue[sel, CellID];
sel = Switch[CurrentValue[sel, CellTags],
_String, generateCDF[nb, CurrentValue[sel, CellTags]],

_, NotebookFind[nb, "Input", Next, CellStyle]
];
];
];
exportHTML[nb_] := Module[{
rules = {
"Input" -> {
"\n
\n",
DisplayForm[#] &,
"\n
\n"

} (* 1 *)
}
},
Message[exportHTML::info, FileNameTake[htmlName]];
Export[
htmlName,
nb,
"HTML",
"CSS" -> None,
"MathOutput" -> "GIF",

"ConvertReverseClosed" -> True,
"ConversionRules" -> rules
];
Message[exportHTML::done];
];

exportHTML::info = "Generating HTML `1`";
exportHTML::done = "Export to HTML done";
generateCDFs[nb];
exportHTML[nb];

],
Appearance -> "Palette"]
]

The problem I have is that it generates funny characters in the HTML. I have tried several "encoding" options without luck. This is an example of what I get:


web page screenshot


I am not worried about the tags or formatting as I know how to deal with those in my Rails app or in CSS. But the "wrongly encoded" characters are my issue. I committed the sample.nb and sample palette code to github if any one wants to test it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...