Skip to main content

graphics - Prevent Grid from resizing images


Aligning my images in Grid causes one of them to become smaller, despite specifying each of their sizes with ImageSize:



dat = Table[{x, y, RandomReal[]*x*y}, {x, 1, 50}, {y, 1, 50}];
img = ListContourPlot[Flatten[dat, 1], ImageSize -> {300, 300}];
oldspotlight =
Graphics[{}, Background -> Black, PlotRange -> {{1, 50}, {1, 50}},
ImageSize -> 300];
a=Show[img,
Graphics[{Circle[{90, 60}, 10]}, PlotRange -> {{1, 50}, {1, 50}},
ImageSize -> {300, 300}]]
b=ImageMultiply[img,
ImageAdd[oldspotlight,

Graphics[{ColorData["GrayTones"][10/20], Disk[{90, 60}, 10]},
Background -> Black, PlotRange -> {{1, 50}, {1, 50}},
ImageSize -> {300, 300}]]]
Grid[{{a,b}}]

Output:


enter image description here


enter image description here


enter image description here


Please note that I don't want to use GraphicsGrid. (The reason is because it doesn't cooperate with Dynamic, which is an unrelated question.)




Answer



One way to do it, which would be a minimal change to your current code, is just wrap image b in Show as you did with image a and give the ImageSize option to this second Show.


dat = Table[{x, y, RandomReal[]*x*y}, {x, 1, 50}, {y, 1, 50}];
img = ListContourPlot[Flatten[dat, 1], ImageSize -> {300, 300}];
oldspotlight =
Graphics[{}, Background -> Black, PlotRange -> {{1, 50}, {1, 50}},
ImageSize -> 300];
a = Show[img,
Graphics[{Circle[{90, 60}, 10]}, PlotRange -> {{1, 50}, {1, 50}},
ImageSize -> {300, 300}]];

b = Show[ImageMultiply[img,
ImageAdd[oldspotlight,
Graphics[{ColorData["GrayTones"][10/20], Disk[{90, 60}, 10]},
Background -> White, PlotRange -> {{1, 50}, {1, 50}}]]],
ImageSize -> {300, 300}];
Grid[{{a, b}}]

enter image description here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...