Skip to main content

plotting - flipping y axis



I know that some topics were created for this subject but any solution works for me. I would like to reverse the y axis. By this I mean that I would like to have the highest values at the bottom and the lowest at the top.


Here is a minimal example: x = Table[Log[10, minimal[[i, 2]]], {i, 1, Length[minimal]}] y = Table[minimal[[i, 11]], {i, 1, Length[minimal]}] error = Table[Log[10, minimal[[i, 3]]], {i, 1, Length[minimal]}] giving: {0.959041, 1.0406, 0.590188, 0.576065} {-19.7381, -12.479, -18.8248, -17.4789} {1.01921, 0.385606, 0.737037, -0.146194}


The third list is the errors corresponding to the values in the first list. I use now ErrorListPlot:


minimalplot = ErrorListPlot[Table[{{x[[i]], y[[i]]}, ErrorBar[error[[i]]]}, {i, 1, 
Length[minimal]}], Frame -> True, ImageSize -> Large]

And I get this: The problem is that the highest y value (-12.479) is at the top of the y axis by default and the lowest (-19.7381) is at the bottom.


I know that ScalingFunctions work with Plot and ListPlot but it doesn't work with ErrorListPlot; otherwise it would have been easy.


If needed, I am using Mathematica 10.1.


Thanks in advance, regards



Jean-Philippe


PS: Here is the content of minimal (which is an imported simplified data file):


{{0.0626294, 9.1, 10.4523, 7.9, 0.52, 9.75, 12.73, 1.59, 9.21, 8.49, -19.7381}, {0.154463, 10.98, 2.43, 0.9158, 0.25, 12.33, 13.73, 2.05, 7.59, 8.28, -12.479}, {0.0772834, 3.89214, 5.45804, 1.1667, 0.09, 6.51, 11.78, 1.22, 8.47, 8, -18.8248}, {0.084189, 3.7676, 0.714178, 0.9589, 0.64, 7.43, 9.85, 1.92, 8.07, 7.77, -17.4789}}




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...