Skip to main content

programming - How to create a multi-selectable setterbar with colored buttons


Background: consider the following code-snippet.


  Dynamic@Grid[

Table[Setter[Dynamic[idx, (idx = #1) &],
i*6 + j,
Graphics[{Blue, Disk[]}, ImageSize -> 20]],
{i, 0, 1}, {j, 6}]]

This code creates two rows of clickable disk images. So if idx=10 is run, the 10th disk looks pressed. I want to make this control multi-selectable. So if idx={1,12} run, the first and last disks look pressed. ( In my application the disks may have different colors, edge properties and opacity. ) - See also: What is an efficient way of selecting multiple colors via Manipulate?


Question: How to create "a multi-selectable setterbar with colored buttons" ? ( preferably based on the snippet above, but not necessarily ).



Answer



Does this provide the functionality you are looking for? Note that a multi-selectable SetterBar is a TogglerBar. The only problem with the latter is that it cannot be partitioned into a multi-row grid. For your particular problem, I would rather use Button instead of Setter:


list = {};

Dynamic@list

Grid[Table[
DynamicModule[{pressed = False}, With[{idx = i*6 + j},
Button[Graphics[{Blue, Disk[]}, ImageSize -> 20],
pressed = ! pressed;
list = If[pressed, Append[list, idx], DeleteCases[list, idx]],
Appearance -> Dynamic@If[pressed, "Pressed", Automatic]]]],
{i, 0, 1}, {j, 6}]]


Mathematica graphics


A somewhat different approach is to concatenate multiple TogglerBars: this has some drawbacks, as the output is always sorted (if not then output order depends on the order of clicks and the order of TogglerBar rows).


TogglerGrid::usage = 
"TogglerGrid[x, {val.1, val.2, ...}, n] represents a \
TogglerBar-like control (with setting x and with toggler buttons for \
values val.i to include in the list x), but with togglers arranged in \
a grid, with a maximal n elements per row.";

TogglerGrid[var_, ref_] := TogglerGrid[var, ref, Length@ref];
TogglerGrid[Dynamic[var_], list_List, n_] := Module[

{set, ref = Evaluate@list, temp},
temp = {} & /@ ref;
set = TogglerBar[
Dynamic[temp[[#]],
Function[{$x}, temp[[#]] = $x;
var = Sort@(Join @@ temp)]], {ref[[#]]}] & /@
Range@Length@ref;
Grid[
Partition[set, n, n, {1, 1}, {}],
Alignment -> {Center, Center},

Spacings -> {0, 0}]
];
TogglerGrid[var_, arg___] :=
Module[{dummy = var}, TogglerGrid[Dynamic@dummy, arg]];

Test the function:


x = {};
Dynamic@x
TogglerGrid[Dynamic[x],
Table[Graphics[{Hue@RandomReal[], Disk[]}, ImageSize -> 20], {10}],

5]

Mathematica graphics


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...