Skip to main content

manipulate - How to use Locators on a graphic in a tabview


Background: I want to split graphics in a Manipulate in several parts in a tabview control. But the tabview somehow interferes with the locators as in the following simplified example:


 Manipulate[
TabView[{aa -> Graphics[Line[{{0, 0}, p}], PlotRange -> 1],
bb -> 1}] , {{p, {1, 1}}, Locator}]

Question: How to use Locators on a graphic in a tabview. ( How to get the snippet above working ? )


EDIT:


I left out too much in the previous example, this is a better description.



  Manipulate[
pts1 = pts;
TabView[{
a -> Graphics[Line[pts1]],
b -> Graphics[Line[pts]]}],
{{pts, ptsI}, Locator, LocatorAutoCreate -> All},
Initialization -> {pts = {{0, 0.5}, {0, 0.6}}}]

So, there is one set of data, in this example pts. In one part of the display (A) the data is modified, the data is then shown on ( B ). -



Answer




Maybe something like


Manipulate[pts1 = p; pltrng = {{-1, 1}, {-1, 1}};
pnts = LocatorPane[Dynamic[p, {(pts1 = p; p = #) &, (p = #) &}],
Dynamic@Graphics[Point[p], PlotRange -> pltrng],
LocatorAutoCreate -> True];
tbl = Dynamic[Grid[Table[With[{i = i}, {i, Dynamic[pts1[[i]]]}], {i, Length@pts1}]]];
ln = Dynamic@ Graphics[{Red, Thick, Line[pts1]}, PlotRange -> pltrng];
bzc = Dynamic@ Graphics[{Blue, BezierCurve[pts1]}, PlotRange -> pltrng];
dsk = Dynamic@ Graphics[{Orange, Disk[#, .1] & /@ pts1}, PlotRange -> pltrng];
plygn = Dynamic@ Graphics[{Green, Polygon[pts1]}, PlotRange -> pltrng];

allviews = Grid[{{pnts, tbl, dsk}, {ln, bzc, plygn}}, Dividers -> {All, All}];
TabView[{"locators" -> pnts, "table" -> tbl, "line" -> ln, "beziercurve" -> bzc,
"disks" -> dsk, "polygon" -> plygn, "all" -> allviews},
Alignment -> Center],
{{p, {{-.5, -0.5}, {-.25, .5}, {.6, 0.6}}}, None}]

enter image description here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...