Skip to main content

notebooks - How to group cell type A under cell type B?


My notebook's groupings for "Subsection" and "SubitemNumbered" are broken:



enter image description here


And by broken, I mean I wanted it to automatically group like this which I did manually (with lots of control+shift+g)


enter image description here


Here's my stylesheet:


Cell[StyleData[StyleDefinitions -> "Default.nb"]]

Cell[StyleData["ItemNumbered"],
CellGroupingRules->{"SectionGrouping", 10}
]


Cell[StyleData["Item"],
CellGroupingRules->{"InputGrouping", 10},
CounterIncrements->"Item",
CounterAssignments->{{"Section", 0}, {"Subsection", 0}},
FontSize->14,
]

Cell[StyleData["Section"], CellGroupingRules->{"SectionGrouping", 1}]

Cell[StyleData["Subsubsection"], "Subsubsection",

CellGroupingRules->{"SectionGrouping", 1}]

Cell[StyleData["SubitemNumbered"], "Subsubsection",
CellGroupingRules->{"SubsectionGrouping", 1}]

I've read all the posts on Cell Grouping but I still can't find a straight answer to this question. Here are the posts I've consulted so far:



... and I'm still utterly confused.



Answer



Ok so I fixed it:



Cell[StyleData[StyleDefinitions -> "Default.nb"],
CellMargins->{{21, 3}, {4, 4}}]

Cell[StyleData[All],
ShowGroupOpener->False,
FontFamily->"Avenir"]

Cell[StyleData["Title"],
CellMargins->{{10, 3}, {4, 4}},
FontColor-> RGBColor[0,0.0,0.6],

CellGroupingRules->{"SectionGrouping", 9}]

Cell[StyleData["Section"],
CellFrame->{{.5, 0}, {0, .5}},
CellFrameMargins->8,
CellFrameColor->RGBColor[0, 0.4, 0.9, 1],
CellMargins->{{17, 3}, {Inherited, Inherited}},
CellGroupingRules->{"SectionGrouping", 10},
WholeCellGroupOpener->True,
FontColor->RGBColor[0, 0.4, 0.9, 1]]


Cell[StyleData["Subsection"],
CellFrame->{{.1, .1}, {.1, .1}},
Background->GrayLevel[0.95],
CellFrameMargins->10,
CellFrameColor->GrayLevel[0.8],
CellMargins->{{30, Inherited}, {5, 2}},
CellGroupingRules->{"SectionGrouping", 20},
WholeCellGroupOpener->True,
FontColor-> RGBColor[0,0.5,0.8]

]

Cell[StyleData["Subsubsection"],
CellFrame->{{.1, .1}, {.1, 01}},
Background->RGBColor[0, 0, 0.6, 0.05],
CellFrameMargins->8,
CellFrameColor->GrayLevel[0.8],
CellMargins->{{48, 3}, {0, 0}},
CellGroupingRules->{"SectionGrouping", 30},
FontColor->RGBColor[0, 0, 0.6, 1],

WholeCellGroupOpener->True,
FontWeight -> "Light"
]

Cell[StyleData["ItemNumbered"],
CellGroupingRules->{"SectionGrouping", 40}]

Cell[StyleData["Input"],
CellGroupingRules->(CellGroupingRules -> {"SectionGrouping", 60})]


Cell[StyleData["Output"],
CellGroupingRules->(CellGroupingRules -> {"SectionGrouping", 60})]

Cell[StyleData["Code"],
CellGroupingRules->(CellGroupingRules -> {"SectionGrouping", 60})]

Cell[StyleData["Program"],
CellGroupingRules->(CellGroupingRules -> {"SectionGrouping", 60})]

Cell[StyleData["Text"],

CellGroupingRules->(CellGroupingRules -> {"SectionGrouping", 60})]

Cell[StyleData["Item"],
CellDingbat->StyleBox["\[FilledSmallSquare]", Alignment -> Baseline,
RGBColor[0.0, 0.73, 1]],
CellGroupingRules->(CellGroupingRules -> {"SectionGrouping", 60})]

Cell[StyleData["SubitemNumbered"],
CellGroupingRules->{"SectionGrouping", 50}]


Cell[StyleData["Subitem"],
CellDingbat->StyleBox["\[FilledSmallSquare]", Alignment -> Baseline,
RGBColor[0.0, 0.2, 1]],
CellGroupingRules->(CellGroupingRules -> {"SectionGrouping", 60})]

But I still can't find a description of what behavior each of the built in cell grouping types provides.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...