Skip to main content

front end - Complete list of FrontEndResources


tl;dr



I'm interested in finding a complete list of the strings that can be passed to FrontEndResource (I only need the first string, in the cases where two strings would normally be passed)


Full explanation


I've been playing with button appearances recently and I stumbled upon the "FEExpressions" argument to FrontEndResource.


This is great as it significantly improves the appearances of the my various interface components, particularly buttons and panels, as many appearances are documented there:


Button[
Style["Orange Button", White],
Appearance ->
FrontEndResource["FEExpressions",
"OrangeButtonNinePatchAppearance"]
]


which generates the following button set:


Orange buttons


Or they can be constructed from what's there already:


 Panel[
InputField["", String],
Alignment -> Center,
Appearance -> {
"Default" ->
Last@Last@

FrontEndResource["NotebookTemplatingExpressions",
"ButtonDefaultAppearanceCloud"],
"Hover" ->
Last@Last@
FrontEndResource["NotebookTemplatingExpressions",
"ButtonOKAppearanceCloud"]
}
]

Input fields



I used my standard scraping procedure on the list of them and got a seemingly pretty comprehensive list:


{
"ActivationDialog",
"CellInsertionMenu",
"CloudDialogs",
"CodeCaptionsText",
"CompatibilityToolbarText",
"ContextMenus",
"DeployCDFDialog",
"DrawingToolsDialog",

"DynamicUpdatingToolbarText",
"ExportDialogs",
"FEBitmaps",
"FEExpressions",
"FEStrings",
"FindReplaceDialog",
"GraphicsInspectorDialog",
"HeadersFootersDialog",
"HelpToolbarText",
"HistoryOverviewDialog",

"Image3DEditModeMenu",
"ImageEditModeMenu",
"ImportDialogs",
"InsertCitationDialog",
"LicenseFailureDialog",
"LocalizedBitmaps",
"MathematicaClosingDialog",
"MessageToolbarText",
"MUnitExpressions",
"MUnitStrings",

"NotebookTemplatingBitmaps",
"NotebookTemplatingExpressions",
"NotebookTemplatingStrings",
"PackageToolbarText",
"PreferencesDialog",
"ProductSpecificToolbarText",
"RGBColorValueSelector",
"RGBColorValueSelectorStrings",
"SecurityToolbarText",
"SlideshowToolbarText",

"StylesheetThumbnails",
"StylesheetToolbarText",
"SystemInformationDialog",
"TemplateBoxTooltips",
"VersionedStylesheetToolbar",
"WAStrings",
"WelcomeScreen",
"WolframCloudLoginErrors"
};


Even amongst these there are many things I can't find that I know there are front-end files for, such as the images used in the toolbar buttons:


 Button[
Style["Special Button", Black],
Appearance -> {
"Default" ->
FrontEnd`FileName[{"Toolbars"}, "Button.9.png"],
"Hover" ->
FrontEnd`FileName[{"Toolbars"}, "Button-Hover.9.png"],
"Pressed" ->
FrontEnd`FileName[{"Toolbars"}, "DefaultButton.9.png"]

}]

enter image description here


Does anyone know how to find a complete list of FrontEndResource strings?




Further reading:


Can one effectively edit a Front End Resource that is already loaded?


How to create and use my own *.tr FrontEndResource and FrontEndResourceString files




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...