Skip to main content

list manipulation - How to convert a RawArray of bytes to ByteArray?


A ByteArray can be converted to a RawArray:



ba = ByteArray[{1, 2, 3, 4}]
(* ByteArray[{1, 2, 3, 4}] *)

ra = RawArray["Byte", ba]
(* RawArray["UnsignedInteger8",{1, 2, 3, 4}] *)

Normal[ra]
(* {1, 2, 3, 4} *)

Presumably, this is done without unpacking the ByteArray contents to 64-bit integers first (although I have no proof of this).



Is there a similar space-efficient way to convert a rank-1 byte-type RawArray to a ByteArray?



Answer



At present there is no way to do this from top level, since there is no interface to the internal function that converts a rank-1 RawArray of bytes into a ByteArray.


However, as already pointed out, it's possible to take advantage of LibraryLink which will do a conversion given an MRawArray on the C side and a "ByteArray" return type, for example


Needs["CCompilerDriver`"]

src = "
#include \"WolframLibrary.h\"
#include \"WolframRawArrayLibrary.h\"


DLLEXPORT mint WolframLibrary_getVersion() {
return WolframLibraryVersion;
}

DLLEXPORT int WolframLibrary_initialize( WolframLibraryData libData) {
return 0;
}

DLLEXPORT void WolframLibrary_uninitialize( WolframLibraryData libData) {
return;

}

DLLEXPORT int mrawarray_to_bytearray( WolframLibraryData libData,
mint Argc, MArgument *Args, MArgument Res) {

WolframRawArrayLibrary_Functions rawFuns = libData->rawarrayLibraryFunctions;
MRawArray ra;
mint rank;
rawarray_t type;


if (Argc != 1) return LIBRARY_FUNCTION_ERROR;
ra = MArgument_getMRawArray(Args[0]);

type = rawFuns->MRawArray_getType(ra);
rank = rawFuns->MRawArray_getRank(ra);

if (rank == 1 && type == MRawArray_Type_Ubit8) {
MArgument_setMRawArray(Res, ra);
return LIBRARY_NO_ERROR;
}

return LIBRARY_FUNCTION_ERROR;

}";

lib = CreateLibrary[src, "toByteArray"];

toByteArray = LibraryFunctionLoad[lib,
"mrawarray_to_bytearray", {"RawArray"}, "ByteArray"];

toByteArray[RawArray["Byte", {1, 2, 3, 4}]]


(* ByteArray["AQIDBA=="] *)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...

equation solving - Invert and fit implicitly defined curve

I need to fit an implicitly defined curve. I thought I could get some data out of Solve , and then using FindFit . Therefore, I would like to find the relation the parametric curve defined by $F(x,y)=0$: Solve[-(1/2) + 1/2 (0.41202 BesselK[0, 0.1 Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]] + (0.101483 x BesselK[1, 0.1 Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]])/Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]) == 0, y] But I can't get an output: Solve was unable to solve the system with inexact coefficients or the system obtained by direct rationalization of inexact numbers present in the system. Since many of the methods used by Solve require exact input, providing Solve with an exact version of the system may help. >> Edit: In particular, I would like to fit the data coming from the curve with the expression of another curve, and not with a function $f(x)$. In particular, since this clearly looks like a cardioid , I would like it to fit to something like it. What other strategies could I try?