Skip to main content

plotting - particle motion in 1D anharmonic well


I have set of data points but I want to draw the trajectory of particle moving inside this well either in phase space. How can I do this? I tried with VectorPlot but not come out with good and set of data point are as follows: mass of particle is 10^-24 kg and here in this data first column is position & second potential. I am very thankful to you if you can help me to do this. Thank you.


x={2.*10^-6, 1.9*10^-6, 1.8*10^-6, 1.7*10^-6, 1.6*10^-6, 1.5*10^-6, 
1.4*10^-6, 1.3*10^-6, 1.2*10^-6, 1.1*10^-6, 1.*10^-6, 9.*10^-7,
8.*10^-7, 7.*10^-7, 6.*10^-7, 5.*10^-7, 4.*10^-7, 3.*10^-7, 2.*10^-7,
1.*10^-7, 0, -1.*10^-7, -2.*10^-7, -3.*10^-7, -4.*10^-7, -5.*10^-7, \
-6.*10^-7, -7.*10^-7, -8.*10^-7, -9.*10^-7, -1.*10^-6, -1.1*10^-6, \
-1.2*10^-6, -1.3*10^-6, -1.4*10^-6, -1.5*10^-6, -1.6*10^-6, \
-1.7*10^-6, -1.8*10^-6, -1.9*10^-6, -2.*10^-6}


Vx = {-2.39203*10^-19, -2.38026*10^-19, -2.37166*10^-19, -2.36809*10^-19, \
-2.37117*10^-19, -2.38208*10^-19, -2.40143*10^-19, -2.42925*10^-19, \
-2.46503*10^-19, -2.50782*10^-19, -2.55644*10^-19, -2.60954*10^-19, \
-2.6657*10^-19, -2.72342*10^-19, -2.78094*10^-19, -2.83618*10^-19, \
-2.88644*10^-19, -2.92835*10^-19, -2.95779*10^-19, -2.97001*10^-19, \
-2.96*10^-19, -2.92287*10^-19, -2.8545*10^-19, -2.75213*10^-19, \
-2.61492*10^-19, -2.44433*10^-19, -2.24423*10^-19, -2.0208*10^-19, \
-1.782*10^-19, -1.53693*10^-19, -1.29492*10^-19, -1.06466*10^-19, \
-8.5334*10^-20, -6.6606*10^-20, -5.0546*10^-20, -3.7171*10^-20, \
-2.6278*10^-20, -1.75*10^-20, -1.0373*10^-20, -4.409*10^-21,

1.*10^-21}


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...