Skip to main content

equation solving - PolynomialGCD::lrgexp: Exponent is out of bounds for function PolynomialGCD.Error


Not exactly sure whats wrong with my code but it keeps giving me a PolynomialGCD: Exponent is out of bounds for function PolynomialGCD error. The equation that I do NSolve for is very big and it takes like 5 hours for it to return that error. How can I fix this? Is my equation to long?


rse[t_] := 1.496*^11*(1 - 0.016708 Cos[(360 (t - 4)/365.25636)]);
theta[t_] := 2*Pi*t;
r0 = 42164000;
rss[t_] := (r0^2 + rse[t]^2 + 2*r0*rse[t]*Cos[theta[t]])^0.5;

Dcs[t_] := Abs[Sin[theta[t]]]/Sin[theta[t]];
m = 292110;
Gs = 6.674*10^-11;
Ms = 1.989*10^30;
Fcs[t_] := (1/rss[t])*m*(Integrate[Dcs[t] (Sin[theta[t]])^2*Gs*Ms/(rss[t]^2), t])^2;
rem[t_] := 24949500 Cos[theta[t]/29.531] + 381514500;
rms[t_] := (r0^2 + rem[t]^2-2*r0*rem[t] Cos[theta[t] (1 - 1/29.531)])^0.5;
Dcm[t_] :=Abs[Sin[theta[t] (1 - (1/29.531))]]/Sin[theta[t] (1 - (1/29.531))];
Gm = 6.674*10^-11;
Mm = 7.34767309*10^22;

Fcm[t_] := -1*(1/rms[t])*(Integrate[Dcm[t]*(Sin[theta[t]*(1 - (1/29.531))])^2*Gm*
Mm*m^0.5/(rms[t]^2), t])^2;
Fside[t_] := Fcm[t] + Fcs[t];
Dgs[t_] := Abs[Cos[theta[t]]]/Cos[theta[t]];
Dgm[t_] := Abs[Cos[theta[t]*(1 - (1/29.531))]]/Cos[theta[t]*(1 - (1/29.531))];
Fupdown[t_] := Dgm[t] (Cos[theta[t]*(1 - (1/29.531))])^2*Gm*Mm*m/(rms[t]^2) Dgs[t]
(Cos[theta[t]])^2*Gs*Ms*m/(rss[t]^2);
Ft[t_] := Fupdown[t] + Fside[t];
rreal = 100000000;
k = 0.05;

rH[t_] := rreal + (Ft[t]/k);
rcg[t_] := r0 + (Ft[t]/k);
vH[t_] := (rcg[t]*Fside[t]/m)^0.5;
wH[t_] := vH[t]/rH[t];
we = 7.2921159*10^(-5);
theta2[t_] := Integrate[wH[t], {t, 0, t}] - we*t;
Distance[t_] := D[(r0^2 + rH[t]^2 - 2*r0*rH[t]*Cos[theta2[t]])^0.5, t];
NSolve[0 == Distance[t], t]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...